Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Teen Angst?


High School was an exceptionally difficult time. On top of the normal Hormonal changes that effect everyone. My moods frequently fluctuated between massive highs and lows. Often I found myself quick to snap into rage at little annoyances. In fact, I still struggle with this today. This caused tension on many of my relationships.

It was difficult to make and keep friends in high school. How, at 16 years old, do you explain that you still can't spend a night away from home? Yes I still wasn't leaving the house much, especially at night. I had an overwhelming fear that someone I loved would die if I wasn't there. Was this a serious problem?

At this point I still didn't know, that this wasn't as they all said, "Growing Pains" or "Teen Angst". Considering everything, my high school career consisted of me simply trying to cope with fluctuating emotions. That sounds normal right? How was I supposed to know if I was in need of help or if this was normal, the same thing everyone else was going through. Most people who knew me felt that it was all due to my super sensitivity. Something had to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment